Article Docking Pilot’s Actions Cited in Probable Cause of Allision
published on 26 November 2020
Article Report on the collision on 8 November 2018 between the frigate HNoMS Helge Ingstad and the oil tanker Sola TS
published on 15 November 2019
Article Trouble with pilotage services in Slovenia
by Marine-Pilots.com - published on 16 April 2020
Video Video Interview with Capt Karanjikar, Founder President AIMPA
Found on YouTube. Created by "The Shipping Tribune".
All India Marine Pilot Association has been formed by a Group of Mariners who care for "safety and security" of the Marine Pilots.
Although a lot of our Indian seafarers felt the dire need of such a body, it was only after the unfortunate and untimely demise of Capt V P Gupta following his fall from the ladder on 8th August 2019, that pilots and like-minded individuals started expressing their displeasure about the 'Eco-system'. Capt. Virendra Mishra, C.E.O., The Shipping Tribune, had the opportunity to interview Capt. Gajanan Karanjikar, Founder President- All India Marine Pilots Association (In Formation).
The interview focused on the following issues:
1. The association has started with the aim of improving the entire eco system of pilot boarding arrangements. How do you plan to achieve this?
2. One of the policies of AIMPA is "Reform the pilot recruitment & licensing " Pls tell us about the reforms you intend to bring.
3. The main objective is "Safety & security of the pilots". Have you done any survey with pilots what are their existing concerns about safety & security?
4. There is a need for data collection for accidents and near misses. How will the association ensure this mammoth task with all major and non majors ports and terminals?
5. What role maritime administration can play in your opinion to minimise the risk and threat to the safety of pilots?
For more news and information about Shipping and Maritime related business, SUBSCRIBE to The Shipping Tribune YouTube Channel.
We request all our viewers to send their feedback at:
#latestshippingnews #latestmaritimenews #safetyatsea #marinepilots #marineaccidents #safetyofmarinepilots #shippingtribune #captgajanankaranjikar #aimpa #pilotsassociation
Article Final Report following the loss of containers from MSC ZOE (1/1/2019)
by Marine-Pilots.com - published on 29 June 2020
Article Wärtsilä simulation technology creating an essential testing environment for smart marine solutions
by Wärtsilä Corporation - published on 26 March 2020
The technology group Wärtsilä has delivered a navigation simulator and specific mathematical models to the Satakunta University of Applied Sciences (SAMK) in the city of Rauma, Finland. These will be used as an essential enabler in the Intelligent Shipping Technology Test Laboratory (ISTLAB) project, which aims at creating a technically precise testing environment for remotely controlled, autonomous vessels. The contract with Wärtsilä was signed in the 4th quarter of 2019.