Job Posting (expired)Marine-Pilots.com only presents this job offer on the portal. Applications must be sent directly to the pilot organization or company!
Ship’s Pilot / Transhipment Loadmaster
Transhipment Services Australia
As a qualified and experienced Master with a sound understanding of loading bulk cargoes and experience in pilotage, your multi-disciplined on and off-shore operational knowledge base allows a holistic approach to problem solving. Your technical knowledge of ships’ loading, tonnages and cargoes will ensure our vessels are loaded expediently and evenly. You pride yourself on the ability to form collaborative, professional relationships and achieve desired outcomes through effective teamwork. These attributes allow you to coordinate ships loading crews whilst maintaining communications with ship crews, tug masters and officers and work with our operations managers whilst helping to build and implement robust procedures with a strong focus on health and safety.
About the Role
Reporting to the Operations Manager, and working in with existing load masters, this comprehensive role will see you piloting bulk carriers into regional ports and then being responsible for cargo and loading aspects of a transhipment operation including the co-ordination of tugs, barges, crew transfer boats for draft surveys, stevedores and ship loading operations whilst on site. You will apply your broad experience to maintain a strong team culture, develop strategies, maximise safe production and improve utilisation of marine assets. The roster is open for discussion and can be tailored somewhat to suit your availability and can be as relaxed or intensive as we agree.
· Ships pilotage
· Liaison with Chief Mate and Captain about all matters that effect the loading of the ship
· Hold – Certificate of Cleanliness
· Draft Survey Report– Initial, Progressive and Final Draft Survey
· Ship to Shore Checklist
· Receipt of “Letters of Protest”
· Calculating a minimum of two stowage load plans / load sequence every 24 hours or as required.
· Coordinating final trim of ship
· Statement of Fact
· Acceptance of Mates Receipt / Bill of Lading
To be successful in this role, you will have:
· Minimum valid master unlimited qualification
· Ship pilotage experience essential
· Experience in loading of bulk cargoes preferred
· Transhipment loading is preferred but not essential
· The ability to apply a multi-disciplinary marine knowledge base.
· A collaborative approach to working in a team environment coupled with the ability to think clearly under pressure.
· Demonstrated IT, written and verbal communication skills.
You must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain a MSIC card.
Transhipment Services Australia Pty Ltd (TSA) offers a unique array of marine services for the mining, oil and gas and construction industries. Having built an outstanding reputation for meeting the complex needs of clients in materials transhipment and specialised cargo transportation over many years, TSA is regarded as one of Australia’s most accomplished tug and barge towage and transhipment companies.
To see more about our company please visit www.transhipmentservices.com.au
About the TSA Team
The TSA team includes some of the most experienced personnel in their respective positions, who are hard working with great attitudes, who love the work and sense of achievement. The crews are challenged to be innovative and encouraged to better themselves, understanding that we can always improve, ensuring we remain the transhipment services company of choice.
At TSA, we really appreciate the efforts of our employees and recognise that it is the team effort that makes a company successful and with a true team philosophy, everyone shares in the company’s achievements.
We invest heavily in on the job training and professional development of our team, promote success and maximise safe production, which maintains a high level of service to our clients.