Job PostingMarine-Pilots.com only presents this job offer on the portal. Applications must be sent directly to the pilot organization or company!
Christiansted, VI, US
6 days ago
Requisition ID: 1141
Limetree Bay Terminals is seeking creative and innovative individuals interested in working on a team that is focused on safe, environmentally responsible, and profitable operations of the oil storage facility. Interested persons must be committed to providing exceptional customer service with a focus on improving productivity and processes, in a cost efficient manner. Applications from qualified persons for the following Exempt position are being solicited through this notice. The deadline date to apply is September 25, 2019.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for overseeing tanker mooring / unmooring and cargo operations at the Single Point Mooring (SPM) Terminal. Oversees and acts as the Offshore Terminal Person In Charge (PIC) for tanker cargo and bunkering operations at Single Point mooring. Ensures all operations at SPM are completed in a safe efficient manner consistent with regulatory and Company requirements. Additionally, the position holder will receive concentrated training for Marine Harbor Pilot qualifications when SPM is not occupied.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marine Transportation, Business, or related field
· Minimum of 5 years Marine Operations experience including cargo operations on tank vessels required
· USCG Third Mate License required; USCG Second Mate Unlimited License preferred. Must have Tankerman PIC – Dangerous Liquids endorsement
· Prior experience as a Deck Officer in charge of oil transfers aboard oil tankers required. Prior mooring/pilotage experience preferred
· Command or Chief Mate experience in large ocean-going ships experience preferred
· Ability to obtain USCG pilotage endorsement for Limetree Bay’s SPM Terminal within one year of hire
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in tank vessel cargo, terminal and offshore pipeline operations
· Demonstrated knowledge of Marine equipment maintenance, ISM standards, vessel operations, emergency response equipment, safety and regulatory compliance procedures
· Knowledge and understanding of HSSE regulations and Marine procedures and processes
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
· Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in making recommendations
· Results driven with strong planning and organization skills
· Acts as first responder for all offshore SPM emergencies and/or pollution incidents
· Valid driver's license & Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) required
· Ability and willingness to work extended hours, nights, holidays and weekends when required
· Must be able to work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat
· Ability to climb stairs and vertical ladders to board vessels, SPM and transfer between vessels in moderate sea conditions
· Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
· Ability to stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, grab/carry equipment and reach overhead Ability to wear breathing apparatus and applicable personal protective equipment
This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and applicants must pass required pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and job-appropriate medical testing.