Pilot Ladders are designed for embarking or disembarking pilots from vessels and are approved to specifications set by the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) and the International Maritime Organisation Marine Equipment Directive (MED).
Designed for embarking or disembarking of pilots from the vessel
- MED approved
- Steps and spreaders made in one piece construction and free from knots and splinters
- Four lowest steps of a pilot ladder are made from rubber
- Type 'A' pilot ladder maximum length 9m
- Type 'B' pilot ladder maximum length 36m
- NB - The side rope must not be painted or otherwise coated or covered.