AIS DataSupplier of AIS data (terrestrial and satellite) or special service of AIS.
The Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a short-range coastal tracking system currently used on ships. It was developed to provide identification and positioning information to both vessels and shore stations. Ships of 300 gross tonnage or more sailing on international voyages, cargo ships of 500 gross tonnage or more sailing in local waters, and all passenger ships irrespective of size are mandated by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) to carry AIS equipment.
AIS improves the safety and guidance of vessel traffic by exchanging navigation and other vessel data and serves the following purposes:
• Search and Rescue (SAR) activities: monitoring of vessels in distress
• Maritime safety: collision avoidance, vessel traffic and navigation monitoring, vessel traffic management
• Maritime surveillance: monitoring of vessels in sensitive areas, anti-drug smuggling, border control
• Law-enforcement: anti-piracy, monitoring of fishing activities, enforcement of international/ national maritime regulations
• Environmental monitoring: hazardous cargos monitoring, pollution response, monitoring of maritime protected areas
• Vessel monitoring services for shipping companies, ship owners and port agents
• Business intelligence and logistics applications
The first provider of space systems, applications and services in Luxembourg.
Specialized in AIS data and added-value services.
Our partners and customers are international agencies like ESA and the European Commission, national Governments and Institutions and a variety of commercial customers.
Companies involved in AIS Data
|Are we missing a company in this category? Please let us know!|
JAKOTA Cruise Systems GmbHGermany
GateHouse Maritime A/SDenmark
Marine Traffic Global Ship Tracking IntelligenceGermany
OrbcommUnited States of America
SpireUnited States of America
Maritime IT SolutionsGermany