Maiden voyage of HMM Algeciras #4-Ningbo-navigating
published on 10 June 2020 - 138
View from the Bridge as the pilot navigates our 24,000 TEU vessel through the busy shipping channel safely to its berth. HMM thanks all the Pilots, Tug-Masters and Berthing Gangs for their important role in the safe passage of our fleet.
Video Maiden voyage of HMM Algeciras #2-Busan-berth
Video Maiden voyage of HMM Algeciras #3-Busan-loading
Video Video Interview with Capt Karanjikar, Founder President AIMPA
Found on YouTube. Created by "The Shipping Tribune".
All India Marine Pilot Association has been formed by a Group of Mariners who care for "safety and security" of the Marine Pilots.
Although a lot of our Indian seafarers felt the dire need of such a body, it was only after the unfortunate and untimely demise of Capt V P Gupta following his fall from the ladder on 8th August 2019, that pilots and like-minded individuals started expressing their displeasure about the 'Eco-system'. Capt. Virendra Mishra, C.E.O., The Shipping Tribune, had the opportunity to interview Capt. Gajanan Karanjikar, Founder President- All India Marine Pilots Association (In Formation).
The interview focused on the following issues:
1. The association has started with the aim of improving the entire eco system of pilot boarding arrangements. How do you plan to achieve this?
2. One of the policies of AIMPA is "Reform the pilot recruitment & licensing " Pls tell us about the reforms you intend to bring.
3. The main objective is "Safety & security of the pilots". Have you done any survey with pilots what are their existing concerns about safety & security?
4. There is a need for data collection for accidents and near misses. How will the association ensure this mammoth task with all major and non majors ports and terminals?
5. What role maritime administration can play in your opinion to minimise the risk and threat to the safety of pilots?
For more news and information about Shipping and Maritime related business, SUBSCRIBE to The Shipping Tribune YouTube Channel.
We request all our viewers to send their feedback at:
#latestshippingnews #latestmaritimenews #safetyatsea #marinepilots #marineaccidents #safetyofmarinepilots #shippingtribune #captgajanankaranjikar #aimpa #pilotsassociation
Video HMM - Maiden voyage of HMM Algeciras #7-Rotterdam-arrival
Article Because of Corona Embargo? Navy boat rams German cruise liner off Venezuela - and sinks
by Marine-Pilots.com - published on 3 April 2020
Article Marine Accident Brief - Collision of Dixie Vandal Tow with Moored Trinity and Tow
by Marine-Pilots.com - published on 8 April 2020
Video Information about novel Coronavirus from the World Health Organization (WHO)
What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Watch this short video to find out more.
Further resources are available online here:
and learn about OpenWHO, WHO’s new interactive, web-based, knowledge-transfer platform offering online courses to improve the response to health emergencies here: https://openwho.org/