Job PostingMarine-Pilots.com only presents this job offer on the portal. Applications must be sent directly to the pilot organization or company!
Job Title : MARINE PILOT
Reference Code: EC-2002263
Primary purpose of job
Provide marine pilotage to all types of vessels calling at QP Operated Ports. Marine pilotage includes approaches channels
navigation, harbour movements and offshore Single Point Mooring (SPM).
Experience & Skills
• A minimum of 10 years Sea going experience as officer of the watch with at least 5 years’ experience on large size tanker
vessel (VLCC, Capesize) in capacity as Chief Officer or Master. Or
5 years Sea going experience on large size tanker vessel (VLCC, Capesize) as Chief Officer or Master, and 5 years as Pilot
on all types of vessel. Or
5 years Sea going experience on large size tanker vessel (VLCC, Capesize) as Chief Officer or Master and 3 years as Pilot
on all types of vessels and 2 years’ experience as loading Master at an oil terminal.
• Detail knowledge of International, State and Local regulations pertaining to Port operations, logistics, and fully familiar with
International Maritime Conventions such as SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, etc.
• Detail knowledge of the management of large-scale port cargo operations including port rules, regulations, policies and
procedures pertaining to operations and activities.
• Extensive knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of work in a port operations area.
• Knowledge of the management of tanker terminal operations and guidelines as issued by industry (OCIMF/SIGTTO).
• Good organizational planning skills and able to plan, execute and complete targets without supervision
• Ability to communicate and work with diverse nationalities at all levels of the QP organisation, both internally and
• Innovative thinker and self-starter with proven leadership.
• Ability to express ideas and information, clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing in English language, requires QP
English level L5.
• Ability to work within a focused team of maritime and port professionals.
• Performance orientated and able to work to the delivery of agreed targets.
• Strong analytical and administration skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Master Mariner (FG) class I