Job Posting (expired)Marine-Pilots.com only presents this job offer on the portal. Applications must be sent directly to the pilot organization or company!
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Marine Department, based at the Port of Great Yarmouth. This role works to a 24/7 rotational shift pattern.
Role Purpose: To facilitate the safe and efficient conduct of the navigation of vessels, within the Great Yarmouth Port Pilotage District in accordance with harbour regulations.
This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Pilot all classes of vessel with or without the use of tugs; in accordance with the Marine Management Safe systems and Standard Operating Procedures
- Prepare and agree passage plans to allow vessels to perform their operations and to leave safely upon completion
- Develop effective working relationships with other Pilots, the Marine Operations department, Tug Crews and Boat Crews
- Obtain River Pilot authorisation and progress to Outer Harbour qualification within an agreed timescale
- Attend training courses, work alongside Senior Pilots and gain experience on larger vessels, for progression through the pilotage authorisation system for the Outer Harbour
- Assist, support and advise within the Ship’s Bridge Management team in the safe navigation and pilotage of vessels
- Work as part of a team to ensure all safety & operational requirements are met
- Obtain first authorisation within an agreed timescale
Applicants interested in this role should ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- Previous Pilotage experience in tidal conditions with narrow channels would be highly advantageous, or possession of a local pilotage exemption certificate
- STCW 11/2 Master Unlimited Certificate is desirable, preferably with an ECDIS endorsement or equivalent
- A valid ENG1 Seafarer Medical Certificate or equivalent
- A flexible approach to challenging environments
- Hands on experience of ship manoeuvrability, handling and berthing with knowledge of different propulsion systems
- Able to use initiative and experienced in making quick and informed decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A full, valid driving licence is essential
At Peel Ports we’re already one of the UK’s leading port and logistics companies. However, we’re hungry for more and our team needs people who share our taste for success.
With 12 settings across the UK and a huge menu of career paths, our business offers plentiful opportunities.
We’ve got an appetite for growth and transforming the supply chain to benefit our customers. Much of that depends on our unrivalled facilities and technology. But in our sector, it always boils down to having the right talent. So, if you’ve got something great to bring to the table, then a potential future with Peel Ports should give you food for thought.