Job Posting (expired)Marine-Pilots.com only presents this job offer on the portal. Applications must be sent directly to the pilot organization or company!
Commercial Marine PilotPeterhead Port Authority
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marine Pilot within Peterhead Port Services and applicants are invited to apply. Peterhead Port Services is a wholly owned company of Peterhead Port
Role Purpose: The Marine Pilot’s principal role in the organisation is to facilitate the safe and efficient conduct of the navigation of vessels within the Peterhead Port harbour limits, in
accordance with harbour regulations.
Full training will be given. This role works to a 24/7 rotational shift pattern
This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Pilot all classes of vessel with or without the use of tugs in accordance with the Marine Management Safe Systems and Standard Operating Procedures ; prepare and agree passage plans to allow vessels to perform their operations and to leave safely upon completion; develop effective working relationships with other Pilots, the Marine Operations department, Tug and Boat Crews. Work as part of a team to ensure all safety and operational requirements are met.
Applicants interested in this role should ideally possess the following skills and experience:
• Masters Class I Foreign Going Certificate and/or
• STCW 11/2 Master Unlimited Certificate
• Piloting or ship handling experience would be advantageous
• Ability to direct actions in a calm manner at all times, particularly in contingency situations
• The position requires the post-holder to successful hold a valid ENG1 Seafarer Medical
Certificate or equivalent
• Team player
• Must speak English clearly and fluently
In addition, the applicant should demonstrate a flexible approach to challenging environments, an understanding of ship manoeuvrability, handling and berthing, able to use initiative and is
experienced in making quick and informed decisions
In return, you will receive a competitive remuneration package including private health care and
membership of a pension fund. Opportunities for advancement within the Company are also
Applicants should forward their CV to: Ms Gillian Gunn, Office Manager, Peterhead Port Authority,
Harbour Office, West Pier, Peterhead AB42 1DW. Closing date 15th November 2019