ProfileNo profile text yet.
Media & Links
Related content on Marine‑Pilots.com
Opinion AIMPA Journal Issue III - October 2020 for download here
by AIMPA - All India Marine Pilots' Association - published yesterday
Opinion Webinar on 24th October: Re-conceptualizing Indian Maritime Pilotage
by AIMPA - All India Marine Pilots' Association - published on 22 October 2020
Video Recorded Webinar: Pilot Ladder safety and Pilot Transfer procedures
Opinion AIMPA has published "Providing Peek into Marine Pilots' World" - Issue II
published on 21 September 2020
Article Shri Sanjay Bhatia releases AIMPA's maiden Marine Pilots' Journal (Download here)
by AIMPA - published on 16 August 2020
Shri Sanjay Bhatia former Chairman of Mumbai Port and Indian Port Association (IPA) expressed pleasure while releasing the All India Marine Pilots Association’s (AIMPA) maiden Issue of “Marine Pilot’s Journal” and applauded the efforts in taking out this kind of Journal to help highlight issues of pilots.
Video Video Interview with Capt Karanjikar, Founder President AIMPA
Found on YouTube. Created by "The Shipping Tribune".
All India Marine Pilot Association has been formed by a Group of Mariners who care for "safety and security" of the Marine Pilots.
Although a lot of our Indian seafarers felt the dire need of such a body, it was only after the unfortunate and untimely demise of Capt V P Gupta following his fall from the ladder on 8th August 2019, that pilots and like-minded individuals started expressing their displeasure about the 'Eco-system'. Capt. Virendra Mishra, C.E.O., The Shipping Tribune, had the opportunity to interview Capt. Gajanan Karanjikar, Founder President- All India Marine Pilots Association (In Formation).
The interview focused on the following issues:
1. The association has started with the aim of improving the entire eco system of pilot boarding arrangements. How do you plan to achieve this?
2. One of the policies of AIMPA is "Reform the pilot recruitment & licensing " Pls tell us about the reforms you intend to bring.
3. The main objective is "Safety & security of the pilots". Have you done any survey with pilots what are their existing concerns about safety & security?
4. There is a need for data collection for accidents and near misses. How will the association ensure this mammoth task with all major and non majors ports and terminals?
5. What role maritime administration can play in your opinion to minimise the risk and threat to the safety of pilots?
For more news and information about Shipping and Maritime related business, SUBSCRIBE to The Shipping Tribune YouTube Channel.
We request all our viewers to send their feedback at:
#latestshippingnews #latestmaritimenews #safetyatsea #marinepilots #marineaccidents #safetyofmarinepilots #shippingtribune #captgajanankaranjikar #aimpa #pilotsassociation